The circuit is situated between Nancy, the capital of the Lorraine region (famous for the Stanislaw square and it’s art nouveau architecture) and Baccarat (Frances renowned Crystal products).
During WWI, the French Army used the are the circuit is build on as a field hospital before work was started to turn it into an airfield in 1940, the German invasion ending that work.
The US Air Force finally built the runway at the start of the Cold War. Despite the airfield only being used for 4 years, a Sabre F86D fighter jet still seats by the track. The US Army used the site as a storage area for a few more years until 1966 when the French Army took over and built a training ground for a tank regiment. The French Army still partially uses the site.
In 1977, a rally cross event was organized bringing motorsport to the site. Mercedes Benz were denied the opportunity to build a test track by a contesting neighbours before a local transport company built a training centre for its drivers there and the race circuit project was completed.
Today the track is 3500m long with many options so is perfect as a training school venue in any configuration or for track days. There’s a great mixture of fast and slow corners and enough straights to make overtaking easy. The slowest part of the circuit is at the end of a succession a curves that draw a snail.
98 Ron fuel is available on site and the facilities are modern and excellent.
Lotus main dealer for the region – excellent track day support – www.lotus-theobald.com